The Yosemite 5 Person Tent is a great tent for families who want a comfortable time while they're camping.The tent is also affordable.
The Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent is one of the larger tents online, but it’s not all size as it’s got plenty of features that make it easy to use and remains comfortable even if there are 5 people inside it. Five person tents are becoming more popular among families and friends who like to camp out, but some of those tents have issues like difficulty setting up, not enough ceiling and lack of privacy. How does this particular tent hold up when used in real life camping situations? Let’s find out in this detailed review.
Design and Performance
This Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent review can attest that this is a well-designed tent. The dome design provides plenty of sleeping room, and the ceiling is more than adequate for most campers. The overhang is nicely designed and the single entry system is one of the best in any five person tent yet. Also, the divider offers the type of privacy you expect from high-quality tents.
Best Suited For
The Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent is ideal for family outings on the campgrounds. It’s great for a family of five or even four or three who prefer more room for their accessories. Designed mainly for use during the spring and summer, the tent is also well suited for campers who like to use several sleeping bags or a mattress, as there’s enough room here for those. If you’ve got kids who like to play around the tent, or you just need more space for sleeping, this is a good option to consider.
Not So Great For
This Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent review can point out that this is not a four season tent, as durable as it is. The tent can deal with some rain and occasional strong winds, but the nylon isn’t thick enough for use in very cold weather.
- Color Blue/Grey.
- 2-room dome tent that sleeps up to 4 people.
- Removable divider splits the tent into 2 rooms.
- Double D door for easy entry and exit.
- 3 mesh zippered windows and mesh ceiling.
- Measures 10 x 6 x 8 feet (W x H x D); weighs 13.65 pounds.
- The Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent has a lot of features, but the highlight here is the divider that provides you with privacy without compromising ease of use.
- The rain fly is well-designed too and should keep everyone comfortable inside, and the curves along the upper area prevent the windows and the rest of the tent from getting soaked.
- The ceiling is constructed from a breathable mesh so air circulates freely while preventing pests from getting inside.
- The mesh body on the ceiling, combined with the rainfly, does a great job in keeping rain out without stifling the air inside. The combination of these two is very effective in terms of making the condition inside the tent comfortable.
- The divider can be removed easily and adjusted as suits your needs, and the double D door pattern makes it easy to get in and out of the tent.
Pros & Cons
- The rain fly is an optional feature and can be taken out if you don't need it.
- The interior wall pockets provide you with storage for your camping gear.
- The ceiling is high so you don't need to crouch just to get in and out of the tent.
- The tent is affordable.
- There's an electrical cord hole that's easily accessible.
- Windows are available on all four sides of the tent, a convenient feature.
- The ventilation is one of the best in five person tents.
- There's a curtain inside.
- The tent is easy to set up even if you have little experience.
- The tent isn't designed for use during torrential rains.
- The guyline stakes could have been better designed as they look too light.
- The zippers can be tough to use: as one reviewer pointed out you get the best results if both hands are used, one for the zipper and the other on the tent wall.
- You need to fold the tent properly, otherwise it won't fit in the bag.
- The tent relies on pole sleeves rather than clips.
- This is an entry level tent for families, and advanced campers might want something that has more features (i.e. for four seasons).
Benefits You Get When You Use It
The primary benefit of using this tent is you get two rooms here, making it comfortable for families to use. The tent is not hard to set up and there is more than enough space for your camping equipment even if there are five people in it. The Suisse Sport tent also provides you with sufficient control over the setup, and the fabric is made of durable material so you don’t have to worry about the material wearing down or tearing up in the middle of your camping. The tarp floor also provides sufficient water protection in case there is rain.
Summary of Customers Review
This Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent review can say that this product has received a lot of positive reviews online. The majority of the reviews have given it 5 stars, and the general sentiment is that the tent is easy to set and more than suitable for families and it doesn’t have any of the superfluous features that come with other tents. Most of the customers who bought the tent also like the sleeping space and how you can still stand up inside the unit without the ceiling touching your head. Customer reviews also pointed out that while the Sport isn’t built for use in heavy rain, it doesn’t too badly even when there’s a downpour. While the tent isn’t as feature packed as other products in the market, this is more than made up for in terms of functionality, as reviewers attest.
Step by Step Setting Up Guide
- There should be another person to help you set up the tent.
- Find a surface that's even and without rocks or trees nearby. Look for high ground so you don't get wet if it suddenly rains hard.
- Lay the tarp down and fold according to the tent's shape. Position the door where you want it to be.
- Connect the pole sleeves as detailed in the instruction manual. Put the poles in the provided flaps.
- Once the poles are in place, slowly raise the tent. If the pole tips are in the right place, the tent should rise up and assume the correct shape. It's normal for the poles to bend as you are standing the tent.
- Look for the eyelets or loops at the corners, as that is where you need to stake the tent. Press the stake until it is securely set in the ground.
- Place the rain fly over the tent and connect it onto the Suisse Sport. Again this is optional so if you're certain it's not going to rain or just don't want to use it, don't install it.
- Once the tent has been fully set up, fold the tarp corners.
Let’s take a look at the video for understanding the process of setting up much more clear
Tips for Maintenance and Usage
When using the tent, keep it away from any wood fire you’re burning and avoid areas where tree branches could fall on your tent. If possible, use a footprint to protect the tent floor, and don’t lie down or sleep in uneven surfaces because that can lead to runoff at the low spots. That’s one of the reasons why it’s not a good idea to set up the Sport on a rough surface. The tent is washable, but you’ll find it easier to clean by keeping dirt to a minimum. You can do this by not using your camping boots in the tent: these are going to leave marks that could be difficult to wash off. Speaking of washing, let the tent dry off first before putting it in the storage bag because storing wet tents lead to mildew. If you used the tent during harsh weather, check it for damage.
The Yosemite 5 Person Tent is a great tent for families who want a comfortable time while they’re camping. The tent is exceptionally well built and setting up won’t be a problem as the process is easy to follow. Once the tent has been set up you and your family or friends should have an enjoyable time inside. When all the factors are taken into consideration, the Yosemite 5 makes for an immersive camping experience, and the simplicity of the design makes it even more attractive to those who are new to this and don’t want any complicated setups to deal with.
The Suisse Sport Yosemite 5 Person 2 Room Dome Tent does what it’s supposed to do and much more. For families who want to experience the joys of camping, the one thing that’s been holding them back is the complexity of some of these tents. Yes, their features have expanded and can do much more than before, but they’ve also become harder to use. The Yosemite 5 is an exception to the rule and should suit families just fine. Whether it’s your first time to camp or not, the Yosemite 5 won’t disappoint when it comes to usability or features.