If you look up best 6 person tent in Google, you’re going to find a lot that claims to be just that, but not all of them live up to the claim. In fact, some of them are not fit to be called the best 6 man tent because they are not adequate. If you want to get the most value for your money, you have got to do your research to find the best one. That will take some time of course, but we have things easier for you by rounding up the best tents for six individuals online.
- 1 Why Would You Need a 6 Person Tent?
- 2 Comparing 6 Person Size Tents to Other Sizes
- 3 Our Pick for Best 6 Person Tent
- 4 Short Review Of Each Best 6 Person Tent
- 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of a 6 Person Tent
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions Of A 6 Person Tent
- 7 Do Your Research
- 8 My Recommendation
- 9 Final Words
Why Would You Need a 6 Person Tent?
These tents are perfect for families of four or five who need the extra space for a pet or accessories, and it’s also the ideal choice if you are going out camping with friends overnight or for the weekend. These tents are also great for campers who like to bring a lot of equipment while they travel, as smaller tents just simply don’t have enough space for the gear they will be bringing. If you are a frequent camper and find smaller tents constricting, then this is the right one for you.
Comparing 6 Person Size Tents to Other Sizes
First of all, the best 6 person tent is spacious: if you read reviews of 5 person tents and under, the most common complaint among families is there just isn’t enough room. If you are camping with four people, it’s almost always best to go one size larger – in this case for six persons – so there’s sufficient room for everyone, or the extra space can be used for other camping gear you will be carrying. On the other hand, settling for tents larger than for six people presents problems as it is too large to carry and is not that practical to use.
The best 6 man tent provides more than enough room for up to six individuals, and even groups of four to five will find the additional space useful. They are of course more spacious than tents for a single person or couples, and these are more practical than four or five-person tents for the reasons cited earlier. These tents offer a nice compromise between the smaller tents and the 8 to 12 person tents. Compared to the smaller tents the 6 person offers more room and value for your money, and at the same time, they are not as difficult to carry around as the bigger tents. Tents for six people are not just practical but also offer good value for your money. While other sizes present problems due to their size and difficult to set up, those for 6 persons are just right.
Our Pick for Best 6 Person Tent
Here we make a list of 5 top rated and best 6 person tent. Let’s take a look at our best pick
Before going to short review of each tent we made a comparison chart of our selected 6 person tents. So that you can find an overall idea at a glance. Here it is
Short Review Of Each Best 6 Person Tent
Here is the short review of each best 6 person tent that we selected for you. These reviews definitely help you to choice the best 6 person tent that is best suited for you.
1. Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent
The Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent makes camping convenient thanks to its simple and efficient design. Unlike other tents it only takes a minute to set up and it’s just as easy to take down. The tent uses the Coleman WeatherTec system and Polyguard 2X fabric to keep you dry in case it suddenly rains. In addition, the tent sports a one-piece design so the major components like the poles are attached.
Why Should You Buy it
No discussion of the best 6 person tent is going to be complete without mentioning this, as it is well built. Aside from being easy to set up, the tent also has plenty of space, enough room for a couple of beds, and there is a storage room for all the camping gear you plan to bring along.The tent also has reflective guy lines plus the inverted seams and welded floors keep water out. But above all else, it's the ease with which you can set the tent up that makes it a winner. As the name suggests this is an instant tent so you'll be able to set it up without too much difficulty. Because the major parts are attached, you can proceed with the set up quickly without fear of losing parts. That's a common problem with other tents but not here.
- The tent has enough space for two queen size beds.
- Two storage pockets are provided.
- The rainfly is vented and keeps you dry.
- WeatherTec system is built in.
- The Polyguard 2X fabric is built to last.
- The poles are pre-attached.
- The guy lines are visible at night.
- The door and zipper designs could have been better.
- There should have been more pockets.
- Won't keep you dry in very heavy rain.
- Camping with the family on camping grounds.
- Great for camping with friends.
- Ideal for campers who need plenty of room.
- Suitable for new campers who need space.
- The safety and built in features make it ideal for overnight camping.
- The tent is perfect for the summer as there is plenty of ventilation.
2. Coleman WeatherMaster 6-Person Screened Tent
This is one of the best 6 man tent available today thanks to unique design and durability. The tent is made up of solid polyester and comes with a divider for two rooms, offering campers a good deal of privacy.
Why Should You Buy it
As was mentioned above, the tent provides privacy and space, so even if you are camping with other people, you won't feel congested. This is especially important if you are into summer camping. If you are worried about space there is no need to be since the tent has dimensions of 17-by-nine (W x D). One of the more common complaints of campers is they cannot stand up inside due to the low ceiling, but this one has a center height of 6 ft. 10 inches, more than sufficient for most campers today.
- Made from high quality polyester.
- Easy to read instructions.
- The rainfly is well-designed and does not get in your way.
- The tent's zipper and
lipdo a good job keeping the rain out.
- All the materials necessary to set the tent up are included.
- The tent has two rooms with enough space for six people to sleep in.
- The center ceiling is high enough so you can stand up comfortably.
- There is sufficient ventilation to keep you warm during hot days.
- While easy to set up, the instructions could have been more detailed.
- The stakes are made of plastic.
Older versions of the tent do not zip at the bottom, so get the latest.
- This tent is best used during fair weather days.
- The tent offers more than enough ventilation if it's too hot.
- The WeatherMaster is also appropriate for campers who find four to five person tents too small.
- The tent is durable enough to withstand some heavy rain.
- The tent is perfect for people who don't want to mess around with complicated set ups.
- It's suitable for those who want a tent that is easy to set up and take down.
- The tent is ideal for families that need plenty of room.
3. Coleman Evanston 6 Person Screened Tent
This is one of the best 6 person tent products you can purchase today: the unit is lightweight, easy to set up and is durable, and if you want something bigger, there’s an 8 person variant available too. The 8 person tent has many of the same features as the 6 person, only it is bigger.
Why Should You Buy it
A lot of good things can be said about the Evanston, but above all else it is durable. As many reviewers have pointed out, the tent is not hard to set up. Second, the tent roomy and provides more than space for six people, and there are also cases of single campers who use the tent because it offers so much room. In addition, the awning built in does a nice job of keeping rain out without affecting your view. If you have been using a 3 man or 4 man tents before and it doesn't provide sufficient room, this is worth a try.
- The tent has a large footprint with sleeping space for up to six people.
- The front is screened.
- There are four generously sized windows.
- The set up and take down is easy.
- A single camper can set the tent up.
- Can withstand some heavy rains and strong winds.
- You can fit a queen sized and twin beds here.
- This tent cannot withstand frequent heavy thunderstorms.
- Very strong rain could make their way into the screen.
- Some customers have reported problems with condensation.
- The tent is suited for families that like to camp a lot.
- The tent can handle the occasional heavy downpour, but it is most effective during fair weather days.
- The Evanston is also a good choice for seasoned campers who want a tent that can last a long time.
- The tent can also be used by couples who like to bring along a lot of equipment while camping out.
- Couples who prefer to sleep on beds will find there's room for those here.
- The Evanston can also be used by veteran campers who need a dependable tent.
4. Kelty Trail Ridge 6 Tent
This is on our list of the best 6 man tent for several reasons, not the least of which is the ease of set up and take down. In addition, the tent is spacious enough to provide you and your companions with enough room to sleep comfortably. The tent also has mesh wall panels, taped floor and waterproofing elements to keep you dry. This company has been making a lot of good tents, and this is one of their best yet.
Why Should You Buy it
The Trail Ridge has pretty much everything you could want in a tent, including ease of
- The tent is roomy even if half a dozen people sleep inside.
- The tent is constructed from high-quality polyester.
- The fly and seams are taped.
- There are a couple of vestibules for storing your stuff.
- The fly is waterproof and keeps rain out.
- The zipper doesn't make any noise when you pull it.
- The stakes bend more easily compared to those on other tents.
- It would have been better if the rainfly were extended by six inches over the opening.
- The pole sleeves are not as durable as those of other tents.
- The tent Trail Ridge offers sufficient amounts of ventilation, perfect for the summer when it's hot.
- The tent works great for families or groups that pack a lot of gear.
- Like the other tents reviewed here, the Trail Ridge is best used when the weather is fine.
- The tent can be used during rainy weather provided the rainfly is closed.
- An individual camper can use the tent to store camping gear.
- The freestanding design allows you to set up the tent in different locations.
5. Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6-Person Canvas Tent, Deluxe
The Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow tent is a popular option today, and mainly it is due to the high quality design. The canvas is not only durable but also 100% breathable so you don’t feel locked even if the tent is full of people or gear.
Why Should You Buy it
If you read customer reviews one of the things they will point out is how spacious it is, and that's true. One of the bigger concerns and frustrations of tall campers is their inability to stand up inside the tent, but now you can do that here since the ceiling is high. Furthermore, the extra space inside the tent makes it easy to lie down and stretch. Apart from the spacious interior, the tent is also notable for its durability, and unlike those on other tents, the flooring is thick and won't break down that easily. If you like to camp out during the rain or even a bit of snow, this will hold up too.
- The tent is built to last.
- Can withstand sudden downpours.
- The canvas material used is durable.
- The Hydra-Shield component on the canvas is breathable and watertight.
- The ceiling height is 6'6", more than enough for the average camper.
- The built in twin doors make entering and
- The windows are large and well placed.
- A bit expensive.
- The tent does not work as well in very humid environments.
- The tent is a bit heavy.
- This was designed as a family tent and works well as such.
- The Kodiak is also for families and anyone who likes to camp in cold weather as it will keep you warm.
- The tent does a good job keeping the rain out so you can camp out during rainy days.
- The durability of the tent makes it an excellent choice for anyone who wants to camp out for extended periods.
- The tent's quick and convenient set up makes it an excellent choice for new campers.
- This tent is also for longtime and experienced campers who camp in different locations.
Advantages and Disadvantages of a 6 Person Tent
- Affordable: most of them are within reach of your budget, and if you compare the cost, a tent for six people offers more value for your money than a 4 or 5 person tent.
- Spacious: there’s more than enough space here for 4 to 6 people.
- Offers privacy: most of these tents have dividers or rooms.
- Easier to carry: they are portable and compact.
- Comfortable: these tents are made from breathable materials.
- Durable: these tents can withstand rain and in some cases, even snow.
- A bit more expensive than smaller tents.
- The capacity of these tents vary; while all are for six people, the specific dimensions differ.
- The quality of the stakes bundled with these tents are not always top notch.
- The tent may be too big for a single individual or couples.
- Some of these tents offer only a limited number of pockets or storage compartments.
- First-time buyers might get confused with all the options, and some of these tents can only be used during fair weather.
Frequently Asked Questions Of A 6 Person Tent
1. What tools do I need for these tents?
Answer: All the equipment is included in the tents when you buy them, and most are easy to set up.
2. Are these tents free from condensation?
Answer: A bit of condensation is inevitable, but it depends on the weather and environment.
3. How much space is necessary for the setup?
Answer: Regardless of the tent’s footprint, you will need at least 8 feet for the perimeter.
4. What is the best terrain for tents?
Answer: A smooth, level surface is ideal. However, some tents can be set upon sloping terrains.
5. How are tents cleaned?
Answer: Instructions should be provided in the package. Generally, you just need to use soap and water to clean the fabric, and let it dry before storing.
6. How durable are these tents?
Answer: It depends on how well maintained they are and the amount of UV exposure they are subjected to. Properly maintained, the tent could last several years, but poor maintenance could lead to tears and deterioration within months.
Do Your Research
If you’re focused on getting the best 6 person tent, you need to spend some time researching these tents to find out which one suits you best.
Start by making a list of your own requirements. How much space do you need? How many people will go with you? How much gear do you plan to carry? The weather and environment must also be taken into consideration, and the more durable a tent is, the better.
As for specific features, the most important would be durable poles, a well-designed rainfly, double seams, and ease of set up and take down. Some tents come with extra features that could prove useful, but you need to check first if those additional features are worth the extra price. Last but not the least, you should read the reviews and customer feedback as that will give you an idea of how well the tent performs in different camping situations.
All the items reviewed here are outstanding, but my choice for the best 6 person tent goes to the Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent & Coleman Evanston 6 Screened Tent. Both tents offer exceptional space and are very comfortable to use whether it is raining or it’s the middle of summer.
The set up for both tents are also simple enough first-time campers will have no problems figuring out how it’s done. And furthermore, these tents have proven their durability, so either one makes a good choice if you are after a family tent that will service you for years to come.
Trying to find the best 6 person tent has been made easier now as information is available online, but with so many products on the Internet, it’s easy to see why a lot of people still get confused and don’t know where to begin. By following the information and guidelines here, the process of finding the right one should be easier. Part of the problem has often been due to lack of knowledge about what is available there, but if you went through this guide, you already know the best tents available and also what features to look for if you want to do more research.